Update from the middle coast.

Jackson's stylish new scarf.
I’m nearing the two month mark as a recycled Midwesterner and can say I’m adjusting. Though perhaps not with great speed or ease, I’m getting there.  In the past 58 days, I have discovered pros and cons to rural living, began to understand that FaceTime is gift from God, and found that under almost all circumstances I despise the concept of drive through dining.

This is a real life burger. No kidding.
Also, oh ALSO! I am learning how to crochet! Thus far I have made an oversized coaster and a dog scarf. Impressed? I am too. My mother-in-law tells me I’m a quick study, and while I’m sure she is full of flattery, I’ll take the compliment to fuel me into my next project: human scarf. Not like made of humans, for one to wear.

Get well card for my Grandpa
from my sweet nephew (age 7).
What else…let’s see…I really want a Team USA Olympic sweater--you know, the wild, American made, knitted ones the athletes wore in the Opening Ceremonies--but have yet to find a benefactor. I have also been writing a lot (not for nonsense, for income) and am really enjoying freelance employment as I continue to seek out the next step in my career. Actually, it may come as a shock, but I have remained unpredictably busy and the reconnecting, roots returning, renaissance of the soul I expected this pilgrimage would bring, has been put on hold.


Right now I’m working on projects as they come my way, reacquainting myself with good cheeseburgers, and most importantly, focused on helping my grandpa kick cancer’s ass. Truthfully, even if this move was the worst idea in the history of ideas, and compared side by side, my life in DC were to stack up taller (neither of which I think will turn out to be true), the ability my new habitat provides to be with my grandparents as they face one of the biggest challenges of their lives, makes it all worthwhile. I know right now, at this moment, I am exactly where I am supposed to be.


1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS